Pharmaceutical Material Handling Systems
Huffman Engineering Inc. (HEI) designed, built, and integrated control systems on two separate pharmaceutical packaging lines that more than doubled the output capacity of the old lines. A custom HEI fabricated control panel, complete with a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Operator Interface (HMI) provided the backbone of the system to allow these highly integrated systems to maximize line speed. HEI employees utilized previous experience to implement these turnkey systems in a short time period. As a result, the company has the ability to produce higher quantities of product at a better quality, while reducing personnel expenses.
- Integrated new and existing baggers into HEI’s custom control design.
- Sorted and tracked incoming product to place into bags at high speed.
- Implemented check-weighing machines for bags and boxes to ensure quality product.
- Provided reject capability with automatic interrupts to provide information to operator.
- Provided functionality to box product into cases at multiple stations and route to palletizing operation.
HEI designed, built, and integrated systems that allowed the user to minimize costs and maximize product quality and quantity. HEI was able to deliver multiple turn key control systems in a short time period.
- Increased production rates through well designed control logic and utilization of latest hardware and software.
- Decreased operator input by automating simple and complex operations and integrating multiple individual systems into one.
- Decreased maintenance requirements by implementing early warning systems and HMI diagnostics.